Toronto Synchro offers the widest range of programs, locations and dates of any GTA club! All programs are open for registration and some are close to maximum.
Not sure what to choose? Here’s how:
STEP ONE: Once per week OR Twice per week:
- ONCE PER WEEK: Toronto Synchro’s Recreational Synchro program trains ONCE PER WEEK. It is ideal for those swimmers aged 5-15 who want to learn and develop synchronized swimming skills in a fun, team-based environment. Swimmers can register for the full year or by session. All swimmers receive progress reports at the end of each session, a TSSC club bathing cap and nose clips, and participate in Toronto Synchro events, such as club watershows, depending on session. All interested swimmers will be able to bring our their inner Ariel and swim in a mermaid tail!
- TWICE PER WEEK: Toronto Synchro’s Novice Synchro program trains TWICE PER WEEK. It is ideal for swimmers aged 7-15 looking for more of a challenge and those who are interested in learning more about synchro as a competitive sport. The Novice program offers an excellent middle ground for those wishing to have a competitive experience with relatively small time and travel commitment. In order to maximize the training benefit and foster team building, swimmers will register for the full season. All swimmers receive progress reports at the end of each session, a TSSC club Novice t-shirt and bathing cap, as well as the opportunity to purchase other TSSC club gear. Novice swimmers compete at Synchro Ontario Novice meets and participate in Toronto Synchro events, such as watershows. All interested Novice swimmers will also be able to bring our their inner Ariel and swim in a mermaid tail!
STEP TWO: Click on the appropriate tab (Recreational or Novice), depending on your decision in STEP ONE. Scroll down to the appropriate program based on your swimmer’s age and register for the desired location for that program.
- AQUASQUIRTS: ages 5-6
- RECREATIONAL: ages 7-12 (swimmers will be grouped in teams based on age and swim/synchro experience)
- TEEN SYNCHRO: ages 13+
- 8/Under Precompetitive: ages 6-8
- NOVICE: ages 7-12 (swimmers will be grouped in teams based on age and swim/synchro experience)
- TEEN NOVICE: ages 13+
Still not sure? Contact us at email@example.com
Try Synchro at Camp!
Parents are invited to stay and watch in the upper gallery while they learn about all of Toronto Synchro’s Recreational and Novice programs for next season.
WHEN: Wednesday, August 31st, 9:30-10:30AM.
WHERE: East York Community Centre, Location: 1081 1/2 Pape Ave, M4K 3W4. Just South of O’Connor on Pape.
All swimmers need to register for Try Synchro by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and providing the swimmer’s name, age and a contact email or phone number for emergency purposes. SPACE IS LIMITED!
COME JOIN THE TSSC TEAM!!
2016-2017 Synchro Coaches
We offer a full range of synchronized swimming programs, for swimmers of all ages, and are seeking coaches for our competitive, recreational and novice teams for next season. We take great pride in having created an inclusive environment at TSSC, and are looking across the Synchro community for like-minded, dynamic individuals to join our team.
2016-2017 Recreational Coordinator
Our Club provides a development focused and fun environment for swimmers to maximize their individual potential. We are seeking an energetic and motivated individual with a passion for synchronized swimming and program implementation and development. This individual will oversee our large and growing recreational and novice programs.
We offer competitive compensation, coaching development opportunities and a flexible schedule. If you are interested in joining our team, please send inquiries and resumes to our Head Coach at email@example.com
Outstanding Age Groups- TSSC now ranked 5th in Ontario
Over 60 Toronto Synchro competitive swimmers converged on Ottawa for the Ontario Open Age Group Championships last week. It was an outstanding representation of everything our talented athletes have been working hard for all season. Toronto Synchro moved up an amazing 4 places and is now ranked 5th amongst all 19 synchro clubs in the province, behind perennial powerhouses such as Nepean and Waterloo, but ahead of all other Toronto and Central Region clubs.
Blue Team- 3rd in Routine, 4th in Championship and winner of the 14-year-old Trophy in the 13-15 Team event
Red Team- 4th in Routine and 5th in Championship the in 16-20 Team event
Chloe Brown and Julia McGuin- 12th in the 10&U Duet event
Grace Anderson and Greer Kelly- 5th in Championship in the 11-12 Duet event
Haley Grennell and Emma Hull- 4th in Routine and 6th in Championship in the 16-20 Duet event
Thanks to Ariane Downar and Caya Tile who were asked to preswim in the 10/under category as well as Callie Ennis and Isabelle Ruus who were asked to preswim in the 11/12 category.
Molly Chen- 2nd in Routine and 3rd in Championship in the 13-15 Solo event
Lindsay McLean- 7th in Routine and 9th in Championship in the 16-20 Solo event
Claire O’Hagan- 1st in the AWDP-3 Solo event
Hannah Bergeron- 4th in 13-15 Figures
Claire O’Hagan- 1st in AWDP-3 Figures
Great job everyone for all of the outstanding performances and personal best swims. Your accomplishments make us all very proud. Thank you to everyone for making TSSC a great place to synch in the city.
Toronto will be holding competitive team tryouts for the 2016-2017 season in June. We invite all interested swimmers to register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Athlete name (first/last)
- Complete Birthdate (D/M/Y)
- Parent Name and contact info (email/phone # for emergency purposes)
- Try Out session the athlete is planning to attend
The tryout fee of $20 can be paid in advance by etransfer (email email@example.com) or by cash or cheque on the date of the tryouts.
When and where: Check the schedule below to see when your age group is trying out and register for the scheduled sessions. Age categories are based on the swimmer’s age as of December 31st, 2017, NOT THEIR CURRENT AGE.
- 10& Under, 8 & Under (For swimmers born in 2007-2011): Thursday, June 9th, U of T 50m pool, 6:30- 9:00 pm
- 11-12 (For swimmers born in 2005 or 2006): Thursday, June 16th, U of T 50m pool, 6:30- 9:00 pm
- 13-15 (For swimmers born in 2004, 2003 or 2002): Sunday,June 19th, U of T Benson pool, 5:00- 8:00 pm
- 16-20 (For swimmers born in 2001 or earlier (2000, 1999, etc): Sunday, June 12th, Regent Park Aquatic Centre, 5:00-8:00pm
Make up Tryouts for 12 & under (For swimmers unable to attend their scheduled tryout date): Tuesday, June 7th, Jarvis Collegiate, 7:30-9:30pm
Make up Tryouts for 13 and over (For swimmers unable to attend their scheduled tryout date): Friday, June 17th, U of T 50m pool, 6:30-9:00pm
To get more information and register: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our amazing parent volunteers managed to juggle driving swimmers, packing snacks and cheering with scoring figures, manning the admissions desk, putting up judges’ stands, and a host of other tasks needed to make sure the champion ship ran smoothly.
A huge THANK YOU from everyone to our meet managers, Kirsten and Tracy, for managing every detail with a smile!
You can find all of the results on the Synchro Ontario website, but here are some highlights:
Figures competition top 10 finishes:
- 10 and Under – Julia (9th) and Chloe (10th)
- 11-12 – Grace A (4th), Greer (5th), Catherine M (7th)
- 13-15 – Molly (1st place!), Tamara (4th), Hannah (5th), Clare (6th), Chai (9th)
- 10/under: Pink team 4th
- 11-12: Yellow team 2nd, Purple team 8th, Green team 10th
- 13-15: Blue team 1st, Gold team 8th, Orange team – 9th
- 16-20: Red team 2nd (1st in routine)
- Masters: 3rd
Swimmers in the duet and solo categories also had impressive results:
- Chloe and Julia (2nd in 10/under duet),Ariane and Caya (7th in 10/unde r duet)
- Catherine M. (1st in 11-12 solo)
- Greer and Grace (2nd in 11/12 duet), Callie and Isabelle (8th in 11/12 duet)
- Molly (1st in 13-15 solo)
Lindsay (2nd in 16-20 solo)
- Haley and Emma H (1st in 16-20 duet)
- Claire (1st in AWDP3), Erin (2nd in AWDP3)
- Danielle and Lesley (1st in Masters duet)
TSSC fans – mark your calendars for our next competition, the Hilton Worldwide Invitational Championship, April 14-17th at the Etobicoke Olympium pool!
After their fantastic results at the recent Waterloo Invitational competition, TSSC swimmers (and parent volunteers) are getting ready for Central/North Regionals, hosted this year by the Toronto Synchronized Swimming Club, March 4-6 at the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre! If you live in the GTA and want to see amazing synchronized swimming, you’ll want to come. All of the details are here:
Check out our results from the Waterloo Invitational competition in January!
Pink Team 6th place in the 10 and Under category
Green Team 4th in the 11 year old category
Purple Team 9th in the 12 year old category
Yellow Team 4th in the 12 year old category
Orange Team 9th in the 14 year old category
Gold Team 2nd in the 13 year old category
Blue Team 2nd in the 14 year old category
Red Team 2nd in the 16-20 category
Claire O. – 1st (AWD Solo)
Emma H. and Haley G.- 4th (16-20 Duet)
Lindsay M. – 12th (16-20 Solo)
Molly C. – 3rd (13-15 Solo)
Callie E. and Isabelle R. – 12th (11-12 Duet)
Catherine M.- 4th (11-12 Solo)
Caya T. and Ariane D. – 6th (10 and Under Duet)
Chloe B. and Julia M. – 10th (10 and Under Duet)
The competitive season begins this weekend at the Lisa A figure competition at the Olympium pool. Check out the schedule here to see when you can watch your favourite swimmer! GO TSSC!!
Family and friends got to enjoy the new routines for all TSSC swimmers – recreational, competitive and Masters, at our Winter Watershow recently:
Each year, TSSC swimmers participate in Tag Days at local businesses to raise awareness of the sport of synchronized swimming, and to raise funds for their club and for Plan Canada’s Because I am a Girl. Read about our efforts at the Because I am a Girl website
Funds raised through Tag Days go to support our bursary to help all girls participate, for specialized equipment and training activities for athletes, and to Because I am a Girl.